Saturday

And I thought Wednesday was bad. I bounced back a little on Thursday and Friday, but I am much worse today. I can't breathe through my nose at all. Bleh.

My housemates' cat is lonely and has been spending quite a bit of time in my room after the children are asleep. The cat is a bit odd. She doesn't want to be held, but she does want to be with people. She is more than a little wary of my children, though my eldest has enough self-control that he can sit still and wait for her to come close to him.

Lately the cat has taken to running amok downstairs in the early morning. This running around has actually woken up one of my other housemates who lives in the basement. Her response to this nocturnal craziness was to put a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs. Now, any normal cat would realize that the gate could be easily jumped or avoided by squeezing through the bannisters. Not this cat. Either she is too well-bred and polite to cross an obvious attempt at a barricade, or she is too lazy to bother, or she is simply befuddled by its presence. Hence, last night my husband and I were awoken to pawing, scratching, and meowing outside our door. My husband shooed it upatairs to our housemates' room and closed the door.

Hopefully tonight will be more peaceful.

Comments

Popular Posts